– Excellent education environment and support services.
– Possibility of conditional admission pending language-proficiency score.
– Flexibility with choice of courses.
– Some of the best-equipped research and training facilities in the world.
– Healthy standard of living.
– Competition for both admission and top grades can be very strong.
– Public transportation is not universal.
– No universal health care.
– Crime rates have fallen significantly over the decades, but they differ widely from city to city.
– Personal security is not as high as in Western Europe.